Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Parking Strip: 3/20/16

I figured I'd head down to the sidewalk for the first parking strip post of the year.


Not a whole lot is goin' on yet, but I think it's fun to see how a planting area progresses over the season.
As you can see, the Lesser Celandine is threatening to take over the world.
I'll yank it all when it's done blooming, which I find makes the job easier.




I'll never remember the name of this plant.


The Grape Hyacinths are all but buried.


There's a slug munching away.
Why don't they eat ALL of it?!



I put a couple Hellebore babies from the main garden down there last year and they seem happy enough.



On the same end, both Rhubarb plants are up and at 'em.


I've never had this one bloom before.




On the other side of the tree, the bulbs and iris are up, the perennials are getting green, and the Candytuft is blooming.







Similar progress on the other end.





On the other side of the sidewalk, outside the front fence, the Arabis (I think) is blooming.



And last, I'm diggin' this Heather I planted last year.
Calluna vulgaris 'Flamingo.'
The new growth almost glows.





And that's where we're at so far.
I planted my new Persicaria from Little Prince down there over the weekend, so we'll see how he fares.
The Pineapple Sage overwintered, which is super exciting, and the Hot Lips Salvia I put in last year stayed partly green all winter.
Fun stuff, kids.




6 comments:

  1. You know I have always loved your parking strip. It is as beautiful as ever!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good....you have so many cute plants down there. I still can't believe how many plants you have blooming right now. I am still waiting on my stuff to grow. I have a few clumps of daffodils ready to bloom but that's about it. That 'Flamingo' plant is awesome, I love it! I don't think I ever heard of it before. I have wanted Pineapple Sage for years....but it is an annual here so I always pass it up, but this year I am planning to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parking strip is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the stump. It really makes a cool statement among the plants you've got. What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover