Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Life Snippets #19

We're home after our long weekend at the Rock Farm.  I guess it's good I was acclimated to our unusually hot weather here, because it was hotter than Hades there.  Now I'll spend the rest of the week playing catch up.  It's amazing how much yard work needs to be done after five days of not doing any.

So this is the usual purge of of random photos, all of them were taken in June.

My brother-in-law made a trip with my parents to their place at Puget Sound, and dropped off oysters and clams on the way home.
The Dad and the kids feasted to their heart's content.
I made pasta with garlic scapes (thank you Alison) and kale-basil pesto (from the garden), and new recipe two-ingredient naan bread (that turned out amazing), to go with.








We picked our first cucumber from the driveway veggie garden and harvested some more carrots.
They're the short, round ones, and so dang sweet and delicious.
The cucumber didn't even make it into the house without the nibbling beginning.
Baby is all over cucumbers.






The Girl wanted to pose with the goods.
Who am I to say no?




 This picture cracks me up.
They're like gangster gardeners.






I spun around and snapped a couple of The Kid, too.



I've been totally slackin' in the breakfast department since school let out, but I did make a Dutch Baby with blueberries from the garden.
Soooo good with fresh squeezed lemon and powdered sugar.



I have no idea who took this picture, but it's a pretty good representation of my daily life, when I'm not in the yard, that is.


I posted a link to this recipe on my Facebook page recently, saying I was making it for dinner.
It was as good as I wanted it to be.
I put TONS of fresh basil in mine and could have eaten my weight in it.
Oh wait, I did.
I'm makin' it again when our tomatoes start comin' on hot and heavy.














Yes, that was a lot of pictures of one plate full, but it was so dang good.
The kids bitched and moaned about having "saaaaaalad" for dinner, then proceeded to inhale their deconstructed deliciousness.





Soooo, there's gotta be a better way to do this.
How do you organize your plant tags?
This is my set up and it ain't workin'.





And last, one evening I was out front taking pictures of flowers, and The Kid and The Girl came out to eat Otter Pops.
So I went after them with the camera, too.
















Have a great rest of the week, out to the garden I go........


10 comments:

  1. Oh- Those kids are cute, Mindy! That food looks delicious, too. Just love all your pictures. Your little carrots are so cute and I bet they are delicious! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my biggest regrets is that there wasn't digital photography when my kids were small. I would have taken a lot more photos. Your kids are so delightful and sweet. I can tell they're very well loved. ... I file my plant tags too but first I staple them to a larger-sized index card. Then I file them alphabetically in one of three file boxes. But before I do that, I type the botanical name into am alphabetized Word document list. This way when I'm typing a blog post or other garden writing, I can quickly find the plant on that document. I also put down the date I purchased the plant and where I purchased it. Doing this is the only way to keep track of a thousand plants and even then half the time I can't remember them.

    Glad you had a great vacation. Finally the weather is cooling down. I bet you're as glad as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gangsta gardeners!!! Love it! Those carrots look awesome! I've already lost almost all of my plant tags. I didn't have a lot to begin with so it is all memorized for the moment. Your salad looks so good. I made a ton of caprese salads last summer. The kids are having a great summer there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delicious meal with so many parts from your garden. Life doesn't get much richer than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children are beautiful! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to love in this post, delicious meals, bountiful garden pictures and cute kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that gorgeous produce and all those gorgeous kids - beautiful post! The gangster gardeners pic made me laugh out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home, Mindy!
    I hope you and your family had a great weekend!
    By the looks of your food photos - you did!
    What I wouldn't give to be a breakfast, lunch, or dinner guest in your home!
    Have a great week!
    Suzanne
    PS Your kids are so dang cute!! Thanks for sharing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your food always looks amazing, but the kids stole the show! What great unposed shots! I bet you love them to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you're back home safely, Mindy! Looks like you have been busy, busy, busy! Love those chubby carrots and that pasta ... YUM! Love the chicken caprese salad too. Your kids look so happy to be helping you with the garden and your cooking! what a fun post!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover