Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Second Week Of September In The Front Yard

We were back in the 90's over the weekend.  I can't keep up.  It cools down, then it heats back up again. Rain is in the forecast for the coming week, and it will not hurt my feelings even a little bit to not have to water.

All that being said, it definitely looks like fall in the garden.  Not just the reds and oranges, but the light.  The sun during the day has a fall glow to it.


This dahlia just started booming.
It's a new one this year, another $2 Winco bulb.
The color is nothing like the photo on the box, but that's okay.  I wasn't really expecting a blue flower anyway.
It's another dinner plate called, 'Blue Bell.'
I love how dark the stems are.

















Down a little lower in the same area, the white Spiderwort that my mom gave me a piece of has started to bloom.





I bought the annual Vinca when I redid the path, and it has turned out to be a great plant.
I hope I find it earlier in the season next year.




I love all the Coleus this time of year.
It's time to start letting them bloom I think.
Normally I pinch off the flowers, but they're fighting me tooth and nail at this point







.
The Zinnias are still goin'.
And this is the only time of year that I don't curse the orange and red ones that came in the mixed packs.








I don't know what took it so dang long, but the hanging pot of Begonias is finally taking off.



I took some more photos of the front of the house, where I took the Rhodies out early this summer.
I just can't get over how much better it is.
Why did I wait 13 years to do that?!




I was originally gonna yank all the Lamb's Ear out, but I'm really glad I left it.
I like it again.











And I have to show you my freebies.
I have no idea what in the world I'm going to do with these, but I just had to haul them home.
Two crates.
Any suggestions?



I thought about planting them, but I'd have to line them with something, since they're so open on the sides.
Anywho, my other freebie I did plant.  :)
My sister's neighbor had it out on the curb and I snatched it up with the quickness.
Who gets rid of pots like this!?!?






I put it on the front porch and stuck some fall plants in it.
Pictures to come.
I'll leave you with a lone Ivy Geranium flower.
I love them and the worms leave them alone, for the most part.


Have a great week!

Shameless plug alert:  
Just a little reminder that you can purchase my floral photographs in my Etsy shop.
If you see one in a post that isn't in the shop, shoot me an email and I'd be more than happy to list it for ya.
The Dad will thank you for helping to support my plant addiction.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RindyMae

Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



5 comments:

  1. I am still in awww of your gorgeous garden. Your dahlia looks just like my lilac time dahlia. I'll have to study your garden posts a lot more now. All I have right now is bark dust and yellow day lilies and I'm so lost on how to plan my garden. Also discovered that we have now have deer! What!?! I am still planting roses, no matter what. I love your "new" planter. Can't wait to see it planted. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy,
    I can't believe anyone would throw that pot away! You lucky girl! What a find!!

    Your garden is looking great. So much happy color. I'm kind of shell shocked over here in Michigan because the weather is turning cold. I don't mean to sound negative, but I feel like we got scammed on our summer. I've been in a deep state of gardening depression because my arborvitae hedge in my backyard garden and suddenly started a rapid decline. It looks so awful I can bearly stand to be in the garden....my plan is to replant it next season. So now I am focused on what I will do next Spring. That is the beauty of a garden. It never stays the same...
    I hope all is well,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister (4 Hills of Squash) would tell you there is no such thing as a blue dahlia - genetically impossible! Love your side area that is now rhody free. That pot is a fabulous find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful friend! That dahlia is so stunning!! And your garden is still so outstanding....mine is floppy!!! Wishing you a great week friend and high fives on the freebies!!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover