Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hot Cheese Dips

Um, I love cheese.  Hello, my name is Mindy, and I love cheese. You know what I love more than cheese?  Hot cheese.  I could probably eat fondue every night for dinner.  With bread.  Hot cheese and bread.


So what did I make for Super Bowl snacks?  Two hot cheese dips, of course.  One involves fruit, so it's totally good for you.  Ahem. The other one bakes in a cast iron skillet.  Do you know what happens when you bake cheese in a cast iron skillet?  You get a crispy cheese crust around the edges.  How did I never know about this cheese/cast iron skillet combo?  It will forever be a part of who I am, from here on out.  You will find me melting cheese in my skillet at 3 am, when no one is watching.  Just so I can eat that crust around the edges.  And the melted goodness in the middle.  And everything in between.


Okay, clearly I'm a wee bit excited about these dips, so I shall share my new found knowledge with you.

Hot cheese dip number one:  Sun-Dried Tomato Fundido

Don't let the silly name fool you.  Fundido is a hot cheesy skillet full of fun.  The goodies on top were yummy, but I'm not gonna lie, I'd tear it up without them.







Hot cheese dip number two:  Hot Blueberry Cheddar Dip

It had me at hot blueberry and white cheddar.  SO easy and SO good.  Amazingly, there was some leftover the next day. I nuked that bad boy and tore it up with a hunk of bread for lunch.  Did not suck.




Hot cheese dips, I love you.

Update:  
So remember when I said up there that I could totally tear up the hot skillet of cheese with no toppings?  
Yeah, it had to happen.
So I needed some sort of snack to feed the impromptu crowd on Friday, when everyone came over for the Snow Day.
I dumped some white wine in my largest cast iron skillet, tossed some shredded cheddar and pepper jack with flour, then threw it into the hot wine.
Baked that puppy for 15 minutes and we chowed on, literally, a skillet full of hot cheese.
So wrong, but oh so right.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


4 comments:

  1. Blueberry cheddar dip?! Shut the front door. That sounds incredible!! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- You could proudly wear the Wisconsin banner for Miss Cheesehead! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep you are killing me with these! Um...I so want to try these and it is almost midnight here! I am a sucker for cheese!!!!! Loving these and making em too!!!! A wonderful week ahead you!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop.It. I could also live on fondue. I knew I liked you for a reason.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover