Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Baby's 2nd Birthday Party

We were finally able to get Baby's birthday get-together on the calendar last week.  Just immediate family for dinner, cake and presents.  Nothin' fancy.  She and I spent the day getting everything ready while the kids were at school.

Here's our day in pictures:






Playin' dress up.













Gettin' food ready.
I made Brie En Croute, Italian Stuffed Mushrooms, Country-Style Ribs, Twice-Baked Potato Casserole, and Broccoli with Cheese Sauce.
So yes, it was a very figure-friendly dinner.
Ahem.



I didn't do an egg wash on the puff pastry.
I was trying to save myself a step.
Clearly, it's important and not be skipped.
Live and learn.




The mushroom recipe is one from my stash.
I'll share it later this week.




Mmmmm, cheesy broccoli.






After dinner was presents.














And then, birthday cake, of course.
















The recipe for the cake is here.




Another birthday gathering under my belt.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


4 comments:

  1. This is all so pretty, and the baby looks beautiful in her floral dresses and flower headband--I take it she is already a flower lover like her mother? What pretty hellebore, mine aren't in bloom yet, but covered in buds. And I am still in awe of that amazing birthday cake--I so have to come up with an excuse to make that sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect pal! Simple sweet and awesome!! Oh the food!!! My goodness friend!! And the cake is just mind blowing....she looks so cute blowing out her candles! She matches the cake!! Looks like a wonderful night with family!! Happy week you! Nicole xoxo. Looking forward to that recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, wish I was there. Everything looks amazing. I can almost taste those potatoes. Mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love stuffed shrooms. I'll keep my eye out for your recipe. It looks like your little girl had a wonderful party! Both you and the birthday girl did a great job planning the party!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover