Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Avocado-Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know what you're thinking.  Oh lord, she's completely gone off on some health nut craze.  Next thing we know she'll be sneakin' kale into our brownies.

Oh, contrair mofrair.  I had nothing to do with the mixing of the chocolate and the avocado. In fact, I never in a zillion years would have thought to do such an absurd combo.  But my neighbor did.  And then he brought me some.  And only then, did I turn into a crazy health nut.  I mean, if it means I get to eat these cookies, then I'm all up in the nut house.


So here's the deal, you might wanna get a pencil, I'll wait.......

....okay ready?  
Substitute one avocado for one of the sticks of butter in your chocolate chip cookie recipe.  
That's it. 
I know, how easy does it get.  
And they were SO good.  
I had to fight the kids for a second one.






So give it a whirl and let me know what you think.
See ya in the nut house.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.




4 comments:

  1. This is flipping brilliant and I am so not going to tell the beans...they don't need to know! This will be so helpful as we bake so much. I would never have thought of this!! I'm off and I will let you know how it goes!!! A wonderful day to you tomorrow!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sneaking veggies in treats! These sound so so good!! I imagine they are super moist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice neighbor! You really can't taste the avocado in stuff. I have a recipe for chocolate pudding made with avocados and you just don't even know it's in there! Love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say what?? We love avocados and I always tell Chris it's all these paleo, healthy clean eaters that have sent the price skyrocketing on each avocado. It used to just be us guacamole lovers buying them on the cheap. hmmph.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover