Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween 2013

What kind of mother would I be if I didn't post pictures of my kids' Halloween costumes on my blog?  Plus, I don't know if there's anything cuter than an almost two-year-old in a costume.  So, yes, it will seem like I love her more than the other two, but c'mon, a toddler with sparkly red shoes?!  Too stinkin' cute.


Baby as Dorothy.






The Girl as a princess (or basically just fancied up).



And The Kid as a pan-handler.
He may have had a wee bit of a meltdown when everyone was getting ready, so he isn't in full costume for these pictures.
He got a brown scarf and a beard for trick-or-treating, and I tied the sign around his neck so he wouldn't have to carry it.




We started off going to the neighbors' houses that we know early.









I love these next pictures.






Then we loaded up into the car and headed to my mom's for dinner.
Stew, mmmmmmm.


After dinner, we headed out into my old hood.
Some of these pictures are blurry, but you've gotta check out some of the hummer houses.
Huuuuuge suckers.








Then we came to the house of the night.
These people won Best In Show for decorations, for sure.
My pictures don't do it justice.
There were all kinds of animated things in the yard, real people dressed up in the bushes, and the upstairs window had a shadow show of a woman brushing her hair, a man coming in and biting her neck, then turning into a bat and flying off.
So awesome.













So there ya have it, another Halloween in the books.
Three kids bring home a LOT of candy.
Bleck.

We're off to my sister's this evening for The Dad's birthday dinner celebration.
Mmmmm, food.
Have a great weekend!


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


11 comments:

  1. She is a doll!!! What a knockout costume for her!!! And that shot of them all walking hand and hand is just too stinking adorable!!! Those houses in your shots are amazing...really...the porches and the details! Sounds like a perfect night! Ending up at your moms for stew...great way to end the night!!! Happy eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little dorothy is adorable - I remember how cute my kids were at that age. I like the term hummer houses. I am glad you had a fun day. After it was all over, my husband said they would never get to do it again as a six and four year old (sniff).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pix of the three of them holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are beautiful, Mindy! What a fun night!! It poured rain here the entire day and night, we lasted an hour with umbrellas and soaked costumes and people were just pouring candy at the few who braved the elements, so waaaay too much candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's adorable! All your kids are! I didn't realize you had 3 children! I enjoyed all the pictures especially the ones watching the three going down the sidewalk together- that's precious!
    Those pics of your old hood are great! I love it when people get into the decorating. Love the architecture of the homes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet everyone had fun, and I love all the costumes! The homes are beautiful as well, and I love the one that was so spooky for Halloween--I bet they had a ton of kids that night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a fun-filled Halloween. I love the costumes. Very cute!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all looked great! And the photos of them walking together hand in hand - oh my gosh, too perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I think our youngest daughter was a Princess for three years straight! Yes, we are slowly but surely moving out of Trick-or-Treating, so I will definitely cherish these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling we'll be in the same boat with our little one, too. She's already obsessed with all things princess.

      Delete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover