Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Random Thoughts and Tidbits: Part 8


  • This is the last week of school before a two-week break. God help me.
  • Baby hasn't napped more than 15 minutes at a time in three days.  You would think the tradeoff for that nightmare would mean that she has slept through the night those three days.  Buwahahahahahahah.
  • You would be wrong.
  • Anytime I'm sewing and have to turn a corner, I hear Ross in my head yelling, PIVOT.
  • If you would have told me that a handful of firemen would be on my doorstep and I would come to the door dressed in Christmas pajama bottoms and a wifebeater, I would have called you a liar.
  • Thank God I was wearing a bra.
  • The Girl:  "Hey Mom, do you know who's sexy and they know it?"  The Mom:  "Um, no, I guess I don't. Who?"  The Girl:  "Santa Clause."
  • I hate dark grout with white tile.  That trend needs to go away.
  • I haven't started my Christmas baking yet.  I'm trying to narrow it down to three things so I don't have a repeat of last year.  Do have any idea idea how hard that is for me?
  • My girlfriend posted on my FB wall that her husband just ordered six pounds of brie through work and it made her think of me.
  • I told her it was mean to tell me, considering she's not in the same city and I won't get any.
  • Remember that Christmas song that I hate?  Guess what Christmas song The Girl loves and won't stop singing?  Kill me now.
  • I'm turning 37 this month.  Holy wow.
  • I think it's funny that these random posts get the most feedback.
  • You know what these posts need?  More cow bell.
  • I won something.  Winner winner, chicken dinner.
  • I've been reading the blog Spunky Junky since I first started reading blogs.  She was doing a giveaway earlier this month of her favorite things.  Guess who won?  Yep, that would be me.
  • She has an Etsy shop that I'm familiar with, but didn't have any idea what to expect in the package.  Um, I scored.  Check it out:












  • Super fun, right?  Thank you Halsey!  
  • I make notes and put them next to my computer anytime I think of something I want to put in one of these posts.  I'm looking at one that says, 5 more minutes, in quotes. 
  • I have NO clue what in the heck that means.  Clearly I need to make better notes.
  • There's also one that says, Cuss a lotirl.
  • What????
  • Ohhhhhhhhhh.  I totally just got it.  In Real Life.  Duh.
  • Yes, I do.  Cuss a lot in real life.  I'm working on it.
  • My new neighbor, that I hadn't met yet, brought me veggies today.  Butternut squash, leeks, a head of garlic, another little winter squash, parsnips and a stalk of broccoli. 
  • You have no idea how happy that made me.
  • I made this crock pot recipe for dinner last night and it was delicious.  I did something similar to this with the leftovers tonight and, again, delicious.  Both are super easy and barely any work.  FYI, I subbed black beans.
  • Once I get the kids to bed, my plan is to climb the pull-down stairs to the icy cold attic to wrap some presents.  That means me, with a bathrobe over my clothes, (and by clothes I mean pajama pants, a long sleeved t-shirt, and an old lady sweater), a glass of red wine, and peace and quiet for the first time today.
  • I can't wait.


4 comments:

  1. How cute! You totally scored on the giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts. When I read the title and know it's random thoughts, I get all giddy. I pour extra wine. Well okay, I would have poured the wine anyway. What are you saying? Super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random posts are favorites because they're real--there's no sprucing it up for the blog when it's the truth is there? And because of you next time I'm sewing a corner I'm going to hear Ross...PIVOT! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! You are too sweet! I am glad you got the package! muah~ Halz

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover