Monday, November 5, 2012

Ravioli With Apples, Bacon, & Spinach + The Latest Menu


More fall food for ya.  And an easy one to boot.



This one came out of the September Woman's Day.  And it was a perfect meal for a night when I didn't plan ahead.  Bacon thaws out really quick and the rest comes together in 10 minutes.

Here's the recipe with my notes:

Ravioli With Apples, Bacon & Spinach

16 oz fresh or frozen cheese ravioli (I used half cheese, half wild mushroom)
6 slices bacon
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (needed more)
1 crisp apple, quartered and sliced (I also threw in an Asian pear)
1 bunch fresh spinach (I used a 6 oz bag of baby spinach)
   Kosher salt and pepper
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (I used the bottled stuff)

Cook the ravioli according to package directions.

Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp.  Transfer to a paper plate; break into pieces when cool.  (I did this about an hour earlier when I had a free minute.)

Wipe out skillet; heat the oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.  Add the apple; cook, tossing, for 1 minute.

Add the spinach, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; cook, tossing, until beginning to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.  (I saved half the spinach for the very end 'cause I like some to still be bright green.)  Fold in the lemon juice and bacon.  Add ravioli and toss to combine.


Here it is in the skillet at my house:




If I hadn't been feeling completely lazy, I would have made a salad.
Instead, we just had bread with the usual olive oil and vinegar to go with.
Easy, quick, yummy dinner.

Here's mine on my plate:







And here's what's on the burner for the next week or so:

  • Ham and Bean Soup & Cornbread
  • Pot Roast With Cheesy Polenta & Root Vegetable Hash
  • Turkey-Stuffing Meatballs With Cranberry Sauce, Garlic-Rosemary Infused Mashed Potatoes, Caramelized Acorn Squash, & Biscuits
  • Chorizo Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Chard With Fried Eggs, & Bread
  • Grilled Marmalade-Ginger Chicken, Wild Rice Stuffing, & Twice-Baked Butternut Squash
  • Chinese-Style Beef, Sweet Potato, and Bok Choy Stew
  • Pineapple Chicken, Steamed Rice, & Cucumber Salad
  • Spiral Ham, Gratin Potatoes, Cheddar and Chive Buttermilk Biscuits, & Spinach Pomegranate Salad With Pears and Hazelnuts
  • Croque Monsieur Paninis & Chips
  • Burgers of some sort
  • Chicken Wraps of some sort
That's a lot of meat.  I usually have more vegetarian options planned, but I'm tryin' to clear out the freezers.  It's very possible that a grilled cheese or cheese quesadilla night will make an appearance. As always, I'll share anything worth makin' again.





2 comments:

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover